Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
who was tied up with Stecher in the crease
03.11.2018, 08:36
Beitrag: #1
who was tied up with Stecher in the crease
NASHVILLE Matt Murray Jersey , Tenn. (AP) Working overtime is becoming commonplace in Nashville.Filip Forsberg scored on a penalty shot at 1:19 of overtime to give the Predators a wild 4-3 comeback victory over the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night.After trailing by three goals entering the third period, Nashville rallied for three goals in the span of 6:42 to tie it and force overtime.In overtime, a Kyle Turris pass sent Forsberg in on a breakaway, and he was tripped from behind by Jaden Schwartz in front of the St. Louis goal and he was awarded a penalty shot.On his attempt, Forsberg skated to the left side before cutting toward the slot, where he snapped a wrist shot past Blues goaltender Carter Hutton on the glove side just inside the post to win it.”We obviously gave ourselves a big hole against a good team and now we see what happens when we don’t play, and we also see what happens when we do play,” Forsberg said. ”We’ll learn from both things.”Hutton, a former Predator, made 29 saves. He doesn’t think this loss will stick with him.”I’m pretty good at moving on,” Hutton said. ”They brought me in here to back up, and I’ve been playing a lot more minutes and I think I’ve been rock-solid all year. In my eyes, I just came into a tough building and got a point and I move on to the next game.”Austin Watson scored twice and Calle Jarnkrok also scored for Nashville.Alexander Steen scored a goal and added an assist and Jay Bouwmeester and Schwartz also scored for the Blues who have lost two in a row. Vladimir Tarasenko had a pair of assists.Nashville played its first home game after coming off of a four-game road trip where all four games extended into overtime.”You’ve got to give the players a ton of credit because in those situations, especially coming off that long road trip and travel that we had, it’d be easy just to fold on the game and look forward to tomorrow,” Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. ”They didn’t. They fought for it.”Bouwmeester scored the game’s first goal at 15:08 of the opening period.On a delayed penalty to the Predators http://www.officialpenguinsproshop.com/a...tta-jersey , Bouwmeester carried the puck across the Nashville blue line and fired a slap shot from above the left faceoff circle low to the stick side of Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne.Rinne finished with 28 saves.Steen made it 2-0 at 3:10 of the second.Tarasenko carried the puck in on the right side on a 3-on-2. He fed Paul Stastny in the slot, where his backhand attempt was knocked down by Rinne, but Steen skated through the slot and buried the rebound.Schwartz tallied on the power play at the 9-minute mark of the second, converting a rebound of a Steen shot attempt.Hutton spent three seasons as Rinne’s backup in Nashville before signing with the Blues in the summer of 2016.He was sharp early, turning away all 13 Nashville shots in the first.Following a sleepy second where Nashville only managed three shots on the St. Louis goal, Jarnkrok got Nashville on the board at 12:06 of the third, collecting the rebound of Swedish countryman Mattias Ekholm’s shot from the right point and beating Hutton.”Obviously, they had a push, we knew they would,” St. Louis coach Mike Yeo said. ”We talked about it between the second and third, making sure that we dictated in terms of pace and direction. I felt that we just absorbed a little bit too much there.”Watson’s shorthanded goal at 14:33 of the third drew Nashville to within a goal and he tied it 1:15 later finishing off a 2-on-1 with Craig Smith.”I don’t think there’s a recipe for that other than just continuing to work and not getting discouraged,” Watson said. ”We were frustrated by the effort that we put out for the first two periods, but this group never backs off and never just gives up. We kept pushing, were able to get a couple to go for us and tie up, and Fil had a great penalty shot in overtime.”NOTES: New Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel attended the game. … Nashville was 0-3 on the power play in the game. They have not scored on the man-advantage in their last five games. … Tarasenko played his 400th career NHL game. … The Blues are 18-0-2 when leading after the first period this season.UP NEXT:Blues: Visit Dallas Friday.Predators: Host Calgary Thursday. VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Eric Staal is having the type of scoring surge where it seems the puck finds its way into the net whenever he shoots.The Minnesota center scored the go-ahead goal in the second period and the Wild surged past the Vancouver Canucks 5-2 on Friday night.Staal has 11 goals in his last nine games Womens Patric Hornqvist Jersey , giving him 37 for the season – just three behind Washington’s Alex Ovechkin for the league lead.”A lot of people say, `Look how lucky he is,”’ Wild coach Bruce Boudreau said. ”But in the end, it’s not luck. The good players do that.”Zach Parise, Matt Cullen, Marcus Foligno and Charlie Coyle -with an empty-netter – also scored for the Wild, who have won three straight and eight of their past 10. Minnesota leads Dallas by three points for third in the Central Division and trails Winnipeg by six points for second.Devan Dubnyk made 30 saves for Minnesota.The 41-year-old Cullen, the oldest active player in the NHL, had a goal and an assist – and has scored five of his 10 goals this season in the past 10 games. The Wild are currently headed for the playoffs, where the former Pittsburgh Penguins star has a chance to reach his third straight Stanley Cup final.”I get excited about what lies in front when the games get big and everything becomes more magnified and more important,” Cullen said. ”That’s why I still play. I do love this time of year.”Michael Del Zotto and Jussi Jokinen scored for the Canucks, who wrapped up a five-game homestand with a 1-2-2 record. Anders Nilsson finished with 31 saves.”It’s not hard to have a better effort than we had last game. That was terrible,” said Del Zotto, referring to a 2-1 loss to Arizona on Wednesday. ”We talked about it all year, we preach consistently and our effort and compete level has to be there every night.”The first-period scoring all happened in the first 1:42. Vancouver tallied 53 seconds in when Del Zotto’s hard wrist shot from the face-off circle slipped through Dubnyk’s pads, allowing the defenseman to collect his rebound and score on a wraparound.Parise was next Phil Kessel Jersey , gaining control of a loose puck at the side of the Vancouver net and then deftly lifting it behind Nilsson’s shoulder to quiet the crowd.After Cullen missed on an easy goal with Nilsson out of position, Canucks forward Sam Gagner had a goal waved off for kicking.Nilsson robbed Cullen early in the second with a great glove save, but Cullen finally got his goal at 2:46, when Tyler Ennis made a nice cross-ice pass to Cullen streaking through the slot.Jokinen scored in his second straight game to make it 2-2 in the second. A shot by Erik Gudbranson rebounded right to Jokinen for the easy putback.Mikael Granlund’s wrist shot from a hard angle appeared to have bounced off Troy Stecher’s skate and in to make it 3-2. Staal, who was tied up with Stecher in the crease, was credited with the goal.In the third, Dubnyk kicked out a pad to deny Jokinen in the slot, then had some luck when a puck trickled through his pads only to hit the post before defenseman Matt Dumba cleared it.After Coyle scored an empty-netter with 43 seconds left, Foligno banged in a rebound to put the game away.”It wasn’t good enough, but it was better,” Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin said. ”I thought that we wanted to be part of this game. Last game, I thought we stepped on the ice and thought it was going to be an easy game. Tonight, we battled.”NOTES: Defenseman Ben Hutton and forward Nikolay Goldobin were healthy scratches for Vancouver.UP NEXT:Wild: at Edmonton on Saturday night.Canucks: at Arizona on Sunday night.
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben